Sunday 29 January 2012

Group filming - personal response

Today we filmed our opening sequence. I feel it went really well and we got all the shots we needed. Also, we managed to do it in just an hour and a half - being that it was very cold this was great!
However, when filming we encountered a few problems. I felt maybe we could have done it even quicker with more concentration which may have ensured we got more shots of different things just in case we decide we don't like one of the ones we have. Also, we got into some trouble with a man who didn't like us filming around his area and began shouting swear words and threatening to call the police on us. This made me quite nervous and kind of put me off wanting to film anywhere around that area although thankfully, we had got all the shots we needed to create our sequence.

Overall though, I think it was a really good day and I'm really pleased with the footage we got as I think it went exactly as we planned. I'm looking forward to putting it all together and seeing what my peers think of it as I am really proud of it and the work that went into it.

 Above you can see a photo of the house that we used for the main body of the film. 


 This is a photo of me and Lucy setting up the camera before filming the establishing shot of Perry's (Ted) house.
 Lucy teaching me how to use her camera - I did the main amount of filming whilst Anna, Lucy and Perry did the acting. Anna and Lucy between them took most of the photos.
 Anna (the Stalker) looking in from the window. This was one of our problems - how to conceal her from Mandy and Ted whilst making her obvious to the audience.
 The room in which the date was taking place in with Anna already on watch.
 The camera set up for a tracking shot of Ted and Mandy going into the living room. I found it quite difficult manouvering a tripod whilst keeping the camera steady.
 Filming set up of the main date section - an attempt at catching a view from Anna's eyeline whilst portraying the happy emotions in the date.
 Perry Vazquez (Ted) and Lucy Findlater (Mandy) in character as a couple.
 The mallet used by the Stalker to murder Mandy
 The Cast
Perry Vazquez - Ted
Lucy Findlater - Mandy
Anna Wylde - the Stalker

No comments:

Post a Comment